Lamar Building Restoration
Phoenix, AZInformation +
Originally constructed in 1925, the historic register building was moved from its original site to a new site by the City of Phoenix to allow major development on its original site. MIAA provided all new site improvements for the new site. The building had been vacant for many years, most recently used as a four unit boarding house.
The building was renovated to provide two market rate condominiums. The exterior was restored, a two story addition and a separate detached building for two 2-car garages were designed using interior standards for restoration. All interior partitions and new stairs were constructed due to the condition of the existing and change from four to two units.
Renovation was completed without disturbing the historic contents of the building. Each property is two stories adjacent to one another. Both units contain redesigned bathrooms, master bedrooms and pantries. The remodeled kitchens include double ovens and a cook-top at the island.