Herberger Young Scholars Academy
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY: GLENDALE, AZInformation +
The Herberger Young Scholars Academy (HYSA) is designed for gifted middle and high school students. It is designed to provide an optimum learning environment for the students while blending with the ASU West Campus exterior building environment. The students experience a broad minded paradigm-shifting education in a unique learning environment.
Key elements of the program include providing an educational setting where students can learn with intellectual peers, build friendships, pursue extra-curricular activities and contribute to the community.
Project Highlights: LEED Gold Certified
- 39% energy cost savings above ASHRAE 90.1-2007
- 15% of annual energy consumption is offset by a photovoltaic system
- 24% reduction of potable water for indoor use
- 69% reduction of potable water for irrigation
- 95% of construction waste was diverted from the landfill
- 10% of construction materials came from recycled content (by cost)
- 14% of construction materials came from regional sources (by cost)